The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

T-Giving NC- 2010-- Ohio Travelin'

November 21st, hit the road at 8:50 and by 8:52, was driving under that great "Welcome to Ohio Arch over I-70.

Saw a sign for Skyline Chili at Exit 29 and also another one at Exit 36. So, if you're a-longing for some of that really great Cincinnati 3-Way to 5-Way chili, this is where to get off if it is after 10 am. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't. Oh well.

Just west of Exit 41 is a barn with the Ohio Bicentennial logo painted on it along the north side of I-70. I understand there were quite a few such barns at the time. (There is also one on I-77 south of Cambridge.)

I saw a sign for Tim Horton's restaurant but know nothing about it.

Some interesting names at exits: Mud Creek at 41, Mad River at 43. Exit 44 is Wright Air Force Base and Museum as well as Wright Brothers site.

I like the Ohio state highway signage which incorporates the outline of the state. I sure wish Illinois would do that like it once did. The rectangle in use now is very generic.

Still on the Road, Day 2. --RoadDog

No comments: