The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas on the Border

The last two weeks, I've been listening to a Christmas CD while driving the Dakota that I bought about six years ago, but never listened to it until now. I sure wish I had, as I put it right there next to my favorite Christmas albums.

It is subtitles: A Spicy Holiday recipe of Texas Blues, Hot Country and Mexican Salsa. It's mighty good stuff.

I don't know if it was performed by a group brought together for that purpose or if it is a regular group, but either way, it is one fine group of musicians and vocalists.

It was produced by John Darnall and features Johnny Neel, Fats Kaplan, Gary Smith, Martin Stoek, John Darnall, Tom Roady (how's that for a road name?), Dennis Solee, Chris Harris, Mike Black and Guy Penrod.

There are all sorts of musical influences in the songs, from Zydeco, Cajun, Mexican and Caribbean.

I think I got it for $3-$5.

Well Worth a Listen. --RoadDog

No comments: