The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

T-Giving NC 2010-- Cruisin' Illinois-- Oval Barns and a McRib

Still on Il-47, I saw another oval barn about a half mile west of the road that I had never seen before. There are another five oval barns along 47, more than I have seen on most roads. They have interesting architecture, but I have never been able to find out anything about them. I call them oval barns because of their shape and they have pre-formed bricks on the sides.

Gas, as usual along Il-47, is more expensive than anywhere else except West Virginia on my trips to North Carolina.

At Main Street, the Fisherman's Inn is for sale. At one time it was one of the premier places to eat in the western suburbs, but had gone down several years ago and closed. Blackberry Inn is still open and the Home of the Bellybuster sandwiches.

During commercial breaks on WXRT (which are very long), I would switch over to Chicago's 100.3, Rewind Radio, which was playing some great music.

I felt it necessary to stop at the McDonald's in Yorkville where we traditionally stop whenever on a trip. Of course, this being McRib time, it was also necessary that one be eaten.

Huskies Up Next. --RoadDog

2 comments:

Barns of the midwest said...

Hi, where along route 47 did you find those oval barns. I'm a photographer compiling images for a book on Illinois barns and I'd like to consider these.
Reach me at
ernestjschweit@sbcglobal.net

RoadDog said...

There are about five of them from Huntley to Dwight and one south of Dwight. I'll log them down while returning home Thursday and get in touch with you.