The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Did Our Route 66 Thing-- Part 5-- COZY DOG II

As I've said before, I'm not sure if I like a Cozy Dog or their fries better. They're both special in their own way. Then, there's the special Cozy Dog salt you put on the fries. The fries are always made fresh as well. None of that store-bought stuff for their customers.

A properly dressed CD for me has mustard and raw onions. The cook said the onions are bought at a local market and fresh peeled every day. I used to love onions, but, as I get older find they are getting hotter. Even Vidalia onions are a bit hot now. For some reason, the onions at the CD are never hot, so I load them on.

Another thing I like about the Cozy, is that you can get a shot of cherry in your pop. On that subject, when ordering something to drink, go the extra 10 cents and get a medium instead of a small. Their smalls are really small. You do get free refills for the price.

We sat at the "Liars Table," so named for the regulars who sit there in the mornings and have signed their names on the top. It used to be the smoke table for the clouds hanging over it before the state went smokeless.

Next, Prices Back Then and Now. --RoadDog

No comments: