The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

On the Road Again

Last week I took a drive on my usual Chicago by-pass, Illinois Highway 47. I just HATE putting up with what I call THE CHICAGO HASSLE, what you run into while trying to go around Chi-Town.

Drove from Woodstock to just west of Pontiac and then took Il-110 east, and after awhile was back on US-45. which we drove a large part of its length earlier this month. Also, went on a short section of US-52, another road I have on which I've driven a fair stretch.

On US-45, we started in Mobile, Alabama, at the southern terminus, and drove all the way north on it to Champaign, Illinois. (It continues on to Michigan's Upper Peninsula and Lake Superior.)

Took US-52 into Indiana, past a small town called Sheldon which for some reason has a four lane bypass going around it. Went through Kentland and out to Remington, where I picked up I-65. Took that to Indianapolis, stopping in Lebanon for gas ($3.28 regular) and my complement of Sliders at the Castle. They also have a new 99 cent pulled pork sandwich which I highly recommend. As Homer would say, "Ummmm,
G-o-o-d!."

Since it wasn't rush hour, went through downtown Indianapolis to I-70 and then east. Stopped at Richmond, Indiana, on the Ohio border when I saw a sign for The National Road Visitors Center. This is a mighty nice place and should be a definite stop for any roadie. They even have COOKIES and some of the most helpful folks you'll likeley find. Of course, we know road folk are some of the most friendly folk.

Picked up a great Indiana National Road tour guide.

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: