The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Chicago Public Sculpture-- The Lion

The March 26th Chicago Tribune had a March Madness-related Bracket contest, only for Chicago Public Sculpture.

They had eight well-known Chicago area sculptures, most of which I knew, a couple that I didn't know.

They were Cloud Gate (Bean), The Picasso, Spindle (Car Bob), Michael Jordan, Four Seasons, Flamingo, Chicago, and the Art Institute Lions.

The two finalists were Cloud gate and the Flamingo.

I would have had the the Picasso and Art Institute Lions with the lions winning. Those lions ARE CHICAGO!!! And they sport CUBS, SOX, BEARS hats as well as the wreaths at Christmas time.

I would have had Berwyn's Spindle in third. Unfortunately, it has been or is about to be torn down. Hopefully, it will be put somewhere else and it would especially be good if it is placed along Route 66.

I don't yet know which one won the Tribune's brackets, but of the two, would pick The Bean.

Lions, and Tigers, and BEARS, Oh My!! --RoadDog

No comments: