The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

I'd Like to Nominate Steve Goodman's "The City of New Orleans" for Great American 4th of July Song


This being the 4th of July today, I got to wondering if there is a Great American 4th of July song of the more current variety,  I mean, one that is not "The Star-Spangled Banner,"  "America the Beautiful" or "God Bless America."

And, there are those songs.  As a matter of fact, yesterday the Drive, 97.1 FM in Chicago played a Ten at Ten which covered some of those songs.  I'll eventually put those ten in my Cooter's History Thing blog later.

But, I'm listening to Steve Goodman Mix on You Tube right now, and after listening to "The City of New Orleans" I'd have to say Steve Goodman pretty well sums up what America's all about in this song.

"Don't You Know Me, I'm Your Native Son."  --RoadDog

No comments: