The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Why Go Anywhere Else-- Part 5: Rally-By-the-Lake, Parish Fest, Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive

SUNDAY, AUGUST 13

Started the day off listening to Bob Stroud's annual salute to summer 40 years ago.  That would be the Summer of '77 for three hours.  He was playing the songs on the radio and in our record collections from August 13, 1977..  I will be listing the songs he played on my Down Da Road I Go blog later today.

Then, I did some yard work and drove the '85 Firebird over to Fox Lake's Lakefront Park on Nippersink Lake for the annual classic car and motorcycle show.  It really made my day to see another '67 Firebird.  I once had a '67 Firebird convertible and that is my favorite classic car.  Of course, mine was in very rough shape compared to the ones I've recently seen.

Then, we went to Parish Fest for St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Johnsburg and enjoyed the food and one of our favorite bands, New Odyssey.

I left early so I could go over to Veterans Park in McHenry for the annual Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive commemoration of our Greatest Generation, the World War II veterans.  McHenry probably has the biggest celebration for this of any place in the United States.  And it is already good to give our World War II veterans their due.  We had about 17 of them there.

A Really Busy Day.  --RoadDog

No comments: