The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, August 14, 2017

N.C. Jan. 2017-- Part 30: What About All Those People Visiting Fort Fisher?

There is no historical place in the world (and I REALLY like historical places) that I'd rather be at than Fort Fisher.  One of these winters I would like to come down and spent 1-2 weeks at Fort Fisher and Carolina Beach.

I have always wondered a bit about Fort Fisher's claim that they get 750,000 to 800,000 visitors a year (even with being closed on Mondays).  I thought that was a bit high for most any historical site (since most people do not get into history too much).  And, as much as I am into Fort Fisher's history, it definitely is not a Gettysburg-level engagement.

I was told that there is a counter up by the gate into the parking lot that counts vehicles.    They multiply each one by four, figuring there are that many people it..  But, very likely, a lot of them are coming to the Fort Fisher beach and looking for the site's bathrooms.

--RoadDog

No comments: