The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Why Go Anywhere Else?-- Part 2: Storms, Pints and Pitchers

THURSDAY, AUGUST 10

We had rain off and on during the morning.  It was coming straight down and sure enjoyed sitting FP and that special smell rain brings.

In the afternoon, we got together with Kevin and Kelly at Bulldog Ale House in McHenry for their drink special of the day:  $2 for any draft pint that they have.  We had been there awhile back and when I heard the special, I ordered a Miller Lite and then learned that also applied to any craft or import beer.  

Well, sure wish I'd have known that before I got the Lite.  I love craft and import drafts, but not at $4-$6.  But, $2, now you're talking my price  We fully imbibed there.

I had wanted to go over to McHenry's Veteran Park for their Thursday night concert series, but just after we left, the rain came again, and this time as hard as I've ever seen it come down.  And, a favorite of mine, Mississippi Landslide was playing, but no concert for us.

We met Kevin and Kelly again at Sunnyside for some more drinks, and it was happy hour, so enjoyed the $5 draft pitchers.

Sure Like That Cheap Beer.  --RoadDog

No comments: