The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Charlie Daniels' "Road Dogs"-- Part 1: That Great WBRF, 98.1 FM, Classic Country

I was listening to one of my favorite radio stations, WBRF 98.1 FM out of Galax, Virginia, which plays classic country.  I got into the station back when I was driving to North Carolina three times a year to visit my mom.  I'd pick it up a bit north of the Virginia line in West Virginia on I-77 and keep with it until through Virginia and into North Carolina, US-52 to Winston Salem and US-421/I-40 to Greensboro where I would lose it.

Absolutely great music, many of which I'd never heard before.

Now, I often listen to it while doing these blogs in the afternoon.  One really great thing about the internet.

Today, about 4:40 p.m., I heard this great song with my name in it called "Road Dogs."  i wasn't sure who sang it but it sounded like Charlie Daniels... and it was.

Hey, That's My Name.  --RoadDog

No comments: