The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Doing My Lincoln Highway Centennial Thang-- Part 1: Tunes and Fording Streams

I had hoped to do the whle Lincoln Highway Centennial thing this week and next week, and that would have been to travel with the caravan from Dekalb all the way to Kearney (where they arrived today) and then enjoy the festivities in the city and attend the Lincoln Highway Association next week until Friday, but things just didn't work out.

So, I did a very abbreviated thing, just one day.

JUNE 27, 2013

Listened to the Drive's Ten at Ten on the way to Dekalb; today's feature, One Hit Wonders.  When that show ended at 10:45, I popped my Morrison Hotel CD by the Doors into the player and listened to it the rest of the day.  For some reason I had not listened to it when it came out in 1970, but was familiar with "Roadhouse Blues" and "Waiting For the Sun."  I lost count of how many times I listened to it, but by the second time pretty much liked every song, especially "Peace Frog."

Cruising the road "ain't" nothing if you're not listening to the tunes.  I alternate between CDs (cassettes in the '03 Malibu and '85 Firebird) and local radio stations.

Noticed a whole lot of new "ponds" out in the numerous farm fields I passed on the way and I also had to ford a new "creek" on Queen Anne Road, my bypass around Woodstock.  We have had rain here every day since last Friday.  Whenever we get that much rain, Queen Anne Road floods.

Took It Mighty Slow Across That Creek.  --RoadDog

No comments: