The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

What I Look for in a Motel

Earlier this week, I wrote about a survey of people on motels/hotels and the biggest thing travelers wanted was free Wi-Fi.

As for me, number one is price. I like to find them for $40 to $60. So far this year, I've stayed in 40 motels, so, obviously I can't afford $100 a crack. The room doesn't have to be elegant, but clean and comfortable.

Since I don't travel by myself with a laptop, Wi-Fi isn't that important, but Liz always has one when she travels, so then it becomes important.

However, I do find that few rooms have an adequate number of outlets, especially in this age of battery=powered gadgets. We've even taken to bringing an extension cord and power strip when we travel.

I also like rooms on the ground floor. As I get older, stairs seem to be getting steeper and harder to negotiate. Stairs aren't so bad when I travel by myself, but when I'm with Liz that means much more luggage and several trips to unload or load.

Just Some Things That Come to Mind. --RoadDog

No comments: