The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

North Carolina Bound: Summer 2010-- Part 11-- Louisville and Kentucky

Anytime I'm in Kentucky, particularly around Louisville, I have a definite hankerin' for an area delicacy, a Hot Brown Sandwich. Now, that is some really good eating.

However, this time, I didn't get one and had to settle on good old Sliders from the Castle in one of the best-hidden places I've ever seen after I got off at the I-65-I-265 exit. How do you beat their special right now of three Sliders of your choice( I really like the A-1 Slides), fries and drink for $2.99.

Healthy eating on the road, you know.

I drove back toward Louisville and got off at I-264 and went east to US-150 which is aligned with US-31 from Louisville to Bardstown. The road is also called the Lincoln Heritage Highway because of Lincoln's Kentucky connection. I won't take this stretch again because of all the traffic and the most traffic lights I've about ever seen.

Driving through here, I got in touch with Denny Gibson who was wrapping up his Blue Ridge Parkway cruise. We made arrangements to meet several hours later at the eastern terminus of US-150 in Mount Vernon, Kentucky, by I-75.

In a Bluegrass State of Mind. --RoadDog

No comments: