The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On the Road: Doing St. Paddy's Green-- Part 5

It is amazing that after all these years, I can still get out and do some serious bar-hopping like today. We had hit three bars and it wasn't even dark yet.

Next stop was closer to Denny's home, and we drove that ever-present Montgomery Road, to another place called, I think, Clannaugh's. This Irish bar was also packed and possibly charging admission, but we missed it. After getting our drinks, we went outside to the patio which was also standing room only. We had a lengthy talk with a strange lady who I thought was Denny's friend. Afterwards, I found out she wasn't.

Then, it was a short drive to Bar 71 (so named because it is located by I-71). A band was setting up and we got into conversation with a guy from Columbus who was there on a business trip. He grew up in Antioch, Illinois, which is close to where I live and we talked about some favorite watering holes in the area.


ONE LAST STOP

Last stop was at TGIFriday's which used to have NTN, but has dropped it like most places in their system. All that great chili I had earlier this morning had been absorbed and I was in the mood for some corned beef and cabbage.

We inquired if they had it and were told they did and that it was FREE!! Sold me right then and there. Sure enjoyed that Irish food even if we had to put up with karaoke that was WAY TOO LOUD and singers who were WAY TOO BAD. The things I will do for free food.

Went back to Denny's and topped it off with a shot of Glenlivet XXV that he had gotten for his recent retirement. A fitting end to a great day.

When you hear of St. Patrick's Day celebrations, the name Cincinnati doesn't often come up. Bit I can now tell you, this place holds their own with the best.

A Big Thanks to Denny and Congratulations on the Well-Deserved Retirement. --RoadDog

No comments: