The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

On the Road: Doing St. Paddy's Greem-- Part 3-- The Old Mom and Pop Record Store

At least being on the interstate made our drive to the next place faster. One of Denny's friends had told us last night about the party that was going to happen at Molly Malone's. With a name like that, they have to have quite a Paddy's party, and they did.

We were amazed to find a parking spot right across the street, but were delayed going to Molly's by an old mom and pop record store (the name I can't remember). I don't miss a chance to go to one of these stores while we still have them. This is record shopping the old-fashioned way, the WAY I REMEMBER. You flip through the albums and CDs looking for that special treasure, never knowing for sure what you'll find.

I am sad to report that over the last several years, I have lost three of these places: Record Revolution in Dekalb, Il., Full Cyrkle in Crystal Lake, Il., and The Record Rack in Goldsboro, N.C..

Plus, you have people working there who know the music and can find obscure stuff and answer questions.

This was the largest such store that I have been into that I can remember.
They even had several different Chesterfield Kings albums (CDs). I did a lot of looking, but didn't buy anything even though I probably should have to show support, but there was some serious drinking and partying to do across the street (that's my excuse, anyway).

I have yet to ever download anything off the internet not would I have any idea how to do it.

Give Me Those Old-Time Buying Experiences. --RoadDog

3 comments:

DennyG said...

That's Everybody's Records. It's a "mom shop" that I'm pretty sure never had a pop involved. Mom Marilyn (a rabid Springsteen fan) celebrated the store's 30th anniversary a couple of summers ago with a concert featuring many of the local performers whose product Everybody's sold over the years.

RoadDog said...

Thanks, guess I was too anxious to get to Molly's to spend more time at Everybody's.

RoadDog said...

So, it's on Montgomery Road. Who would have figured.