The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Heading Out for Groundhog Days Festival in Woodstock, Illinois


As soon as I finish this post, I'm heading out for Woodstock, Illinois, to get my fill of the "Groundhog Day" movie that came out in 1992 starring Bill Murray.

This is one of my top three all-time favorite movies, and, it was filmed mostly in Woodstock, which stood in for Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, much to their disgust. I definitely agree with them. If it took place in Punxsutawney, it should have been filmed there. But, since Woodstock is about 18 miles from my house, I'm happy it was filmed there.

Every year since the film, the town has had a several day festival to honor the event and the day. They even have their own little varmint they call Woodstock Willie (Sorry Phil).

Today, they have the "Awakening of the Groundhog" ceremony, followed by a dinner dance at the Moose Lodge where the movie's dance and bachelor auction occurred.

I'll be stopping along the way at Vinyl Frontier to buy some used CDs.

Do road dogs eat groundhogs?

Getting My Hog On. --RoadDog

No comments: