The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 Road Trip to NC-- Part 5-- Porkchop Sandwiches

On the way back home from North Carolina.

December 2nd, I left Goldsboro and enjoyed rain all the way from Raleigh, NC, to Wytheville, Virginia.

I was happy to get to Mt. Airy in time to eat at Snappy Lunch. However, at noon I figured I'd have to wait in line (and I WOULD WAIT in line for one of those porkchop sandwiches) but was surprised to find only about ten people in the place.

Took a seat at the counter and ordered a porkchop sandwich which now costs $4. Heard the waitress say "Goodbye Billy Bob" as he left the place. Two evidently out-of-town business men came in and took a seat but soon left when they found out Snappy doesn't serve Carolina BBQ.

Far be it for me to put down Carolina BBQ in either its eastern or western form, but, when in Mt. Airy and Snappy Lunch, YOU GOTTA TRY THE PORKCHOP SANDWICH!!! The clowns got up and left. As the guy on "Princess Bride" would say, "Inconceivable."

And, one of those sandwiches will fill you up, although on an earlier visit i was told that a guy once ate four of them. The pig did not give his life in vain.

The waitresses are definitely not your garden variety "Hi, I'm Cecily and I'll be your server today" type.

After I finished, I walked to some of the stores and bought an Andy Griffith Show book. For some reason, there are lots of Mayberry items for sale in Mt. Airy.

Gomer Says Hi. --RoadDog

No comments: