The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2009 Road Trip to North Carolina-- Part 7-- Coming Home

Information I Didn't Need

Eating breakfast the next morning at the Super 8, I overheard some hunters talking and learned that if you hit a deer four inches below the shoulder you'll drop him dead right on the spot and won't have to follow it.

One guy once shot a deer (obviously not four inches below the shoulder) and it ran off into a neighbor's property who refused to let him get it. A cop was called who came and let the hunter have the carcass.

Took I-70 west through Indianapolis, then I-74 northwest to Champaign,Illinois.

East of Indianapolis, I saw a sign for Nameless Creek. West of town was Dandy Creek by a big dam. Interesting names.

NTNin' Down the Road

Today's big NTN stop was in Brownsburg, Indiana, where I had seen two sites listed which I had never been to. Used the old GPS and found the first one easily. QUARTER MILE PUB is south of I-74. The second place, TRIPP'S, involved a lot of driving as GPS didn't have it and the NTN sitefinder had it in the wrong place.

On the Road Again. --RoadDog

No comments: