The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Phil Vettell Knows Where to Eat on 66-- Part 5

ERATO ON MAIN-- 126 N. Main Street, Edwardsville

The last place he went was one I've never heard of. He regarded it as "a nice reward at the end of a long journey." It is about a half hour from downtown St. Louis and three doors off 66 (probably why I hadn't seen it).

The owner gets his vegetables from local farmers and breads and coffee from 222 Artisan Bakery a short distance away. The foods he ate, however sounded expensive, so I don't know about me visiting since I won't be on an expense account. Plus, the picture accompanying the article looked a bit upscale for me.

However, this is the kind of reporting we need for the road so I'm glad to see it. Thanks, Phil.

Plus, I could definitely recommend a lot of other good places to eat. Just in Springfield, Saputo's, Cozy Dog, Made-Rite, D'Arcy's Pint, and the Alamo have outstanding food.

Route 66, a Good Place to Eat. --RoadDog

No comments: