The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Road Tunes

On the trip so far, we've been listening to the new CDs by Trace Adkins "X" and John Fogerty "Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again." Both are good, but I'd have to rank JF's effort as a "Great Road Album," right up there with anything by Buck Owens, Asleep at the Wheel, or Bob Wills.

For some reason, I was thinking east instead of west, and got back on I-44 in Lebanon, Missouri, and ended up at the middle exit by the Wal Mart. We had been discussing the need for an extension cord (as most motels don't have enough outlets in these days of laptops and necessary battery recharging) and plastic baggies for left overs (like the two huge chunks of pork tenderloin we had left over after visiting the Palms Grill in Atlanta, Illinois, the day before).

A Wal-Mart beckoned, so there we were. I always check out the CDs as they are not long for this world in today's download society (which is way too bad because downloading will never compare with physically flipping through the old albums and CDs).

I broke down and bought the Eagles first album (I think) simple called the Eagles. It has that great road song and Route 66 song something about standing on a corner somewhere. You know, "Take It Easy." I always said I wouldn't buy CDs of what I already had on an album, but we all have our week moments.

I forgot how much good stuff was on it.

Also, last night, we made a wrong turn and ended up in a Target parking lot. While there, I decided to check out the new Beatle CDs. I couldn't find them so had to ask an employee who showed me. Of 400 Beatle CDs, there were only five left from 9-9-09. "Number Nine, Number Nine."

I did get the "For Sale" album.

Can't Do the Road Without My Tunes. --RoadDog

No comments: