The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Where Were You September 6, 1969-- Part 1

Bob Stroud went back 40 years this past Sunday June 6th, to 1969.

I was either already at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb or getting ready to start. I was on the third floor of I think wing C. Last room at the end by the stairs. My roommate was Chuck Hartseil from Canton, Illinois. We had never met before.

I left my Beatle albums at home for fear they would get messed up. But, my brother Bob managed to wreck them at home, anyway.

As always, Stroud's comments, then mine in parentheses.

"The fourth and final instalment of our Time Warp to the Summer of 1968. The records in your collection, the songs on your radio 40 years ago this weekend." (Of course, here in Chicago, all us teen folk listened to both WLS and WCFL. I was a bit more of an LS fan.)

Well, actually, this should be in my Down da Road I Go Blog, so I will continue there. Hate when I do this goofing 'o the blogs.

My Dumb Move. --RoadDog

No comments: