The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Accomplishments After One Year of Retirement


I just realized that I have now, as of yesterday, completed one full year of retirement. Now that went fast!!! I thought school was going fast the last ten years, but nothing compared to how fast this has gone.

I had plans to clean up my music room, garage, and study. Well, the study WAS clean, but I didn't get around to the others.

I have taken a lot of road trips including the whole length of Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica, several trips out to the Mississippi River, a trip on the Dixie Highway and a couple trips back to visit family in North Carolina.

Plus, I have gotten very involved in several travel forums: RoadTrip America, Historic 66, and American Road. I also am involved in several e-groups: Route 66, Lincoln Highway, Illinois Lincoln Highway, US Highways, US-20, and US-50.

I have definitely enjoyed this retirement. I highly recommend it as soon as you can afford it.

Enjoyin' the Good Times. RoadDog

No comments: