The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, May 18, 2007

"I Dun Seen It All"- BIG OIL Greed


Let's file this under the "I Dun Seen it All" category. Today, I was shopping at a local mega-store, Meijer's, and was given a slip of paper along with my receipt. It read: "MEIJER GAS ALERT!! Get cell phone text message alerts before Meijer Gas Prices Increase."

Never thought I'd see that one. Gas is currently $3.48 to $3.54 around here. Of course, I round up the nine/tenths. $3.48.9 is $3.49 after all. Ridiculous!!! They keep trying to save these prices are going up because of the demands of the summer driving season which goes from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Wait a minute, it's going up and we're not at Memorial Day yet.

I keep a journal and note gas prices whenever they change. These are prices in Fox Lake, Illinois, since the beginning of the year:
Jan. 8- $2.16
Jan.22- $1.98 Ahhhh! The Good Old Days
Feb. 1- $2.10
Feb. 20- $2.28
Mar. 9- $2.43
Mar. 20- $2.54
Mar. 29- $2.69
Apr. 9- $2.80
Apr. 12- $2.90
Apr. 13- $2.96
Apr. 19- $2.88
May 1- $3.12
May 3- $3.16
May 5- $3.26
May 15- $3.49 There is NO excuse for this except BIG OIL greed!!!!
May 28th- the beginning of the summer driving season

Liz and I were planning on taking a trip out to Colorado for the Lincoln Highway Association National Convention, but we will most likely have to cancel it. Looks like we will only go as far away as 200 miles this summer.

I like to travel, but I don't care to make Big Oil CEOs, upper management and stockholders richer than they already are.

Too Poor to Keep on Down that Two Lane Highway. --RoadDog

No comments: