The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Back to Indy-- Part 22: They're Off and a Lil' Side Betting

Sunday, May 30.  Race Day

Danica Patrick took the cars out and around for three laps.  She was my favorite racer for some time.  I was always pulling for her ton win it.

Green Flag and the race started at 12:49 pm.

There were an amazing 51 passes in the first five laps.

I think there were definitely more than 135,000 people there, but the huge size of it makes that hard to say.

Everyone around us was maskless, including us.

On the 35th lap, there was a crash.  It was one of my racers in our four-person pool.  We all get one choice to win and then the remaining ones are divvied up.  The winner at the end of the race gets $40 and has to buy the first round back at the Legion afterwards.  My personal pick was Alexander Rossi, one of my two favorite racers.

At Lap 37, Helio Castroneves is winning. I could almost hear friend and former co-teacher Terri cheering somewhere in the stands.  She is a huge Helio fan.  I mean HUGE.  (Three of the four of us are former teachers, two of us in Round Lake, Illinois.)

--RoadRace

No comments: