The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, September 11, 2021

20th Anniversary of 9/11, McHenry, Illinois, Ceremony-- Part 1

Just like twenty years ago, today was letter perfect.  Absolutely beautiful blue sky, comfortable September weather.  Twenty years ago sure didn't live up to expectations.  It was a terrible day in American history.  A sad day.  A day that needs to be remembered.

I went to McHenry, Illinois' Veterans Park for the 20th annual commemoration of that day.  Last year, they had it, but virtually because of you-know-what.

And remember it will judging by the number of young children who were there with their parents.  

Walking to the park, a woman complimented me on my eagle shirt and said that her husband had had one exactly like it.  I also had my USA hat on.  

Yesterday, I had replaced a small worn out U.S. flag by the grave statue with a veteran weeping over it.  Also, the 2 X 3 ft. U.S. flag out by the mailbox.  I already had a 3 X 5 flag flying in front of the house and another one on the gazebo.  

I remember.


No comments: