The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Warm Here We Come-- Part 5: The Shame of Louisville


JANUARY 31, WEDNESDAY

You have to pay $2 to cross the I-65 Bridge into Louisville, $4 if you don't have E-Z Pass as you will be mailed the bill.  There are no booths to collect your toll either.

Louisville is on my no visit list because they were one of the first cities to take down their Confederate monument.  I've written a lot about it in my Saw the Elephant Civil War blog, where I refer to the city as (l)ouisville in lower case for its shame.  I also will do no more at present than drive through it if necessary, but otherwise will boycott any and all things dealing with it.

And, that's too bad because I really like the Hot Brown sandwich (maybe I can get one elsewhere) and have always wanted to go to the Kentucky Derby.  Perhaps, though, at some time I will be able to forgive the city and University of Louisville (home of Rick Pitino) for their desecration at which time I will be able to visit.

As far as paying the toll, if I am sent the $4 bill, I am a lot more likely to tell them why I am not going to pay it and instead send my money (plus some) to Brandenburg, Kentucky, which stepped up, did the right thing and took the monument. have since put it up.

Some Things Just Aren't Right.  --RoadDog

No comments: