The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Warm Here We Come-- Part 4: Indy Rush Hour and the "Trucks From Hell"


JANUARY 31, WEDNESDAY

Took I-74 southeast from Illinois.

Leaving as late as we did, that guaranteed we'd hit Indianapolis during rush hour (that along with losing the hour when we entered Eastern Time).  Normally, going to North Carolina, I take I-70 through the city, but since we were going to I-65 to Louisville, we took the bypass, I-465, around Indianapolis.

Traffic was heavy, but only once did we slow down to 20 mph.  The rest of the way it was fast running.  I use the term fast-running, because all interstates by Indy are 55 mph or less.  You'd only drive at that speed with a death wish as you'd get run over.

Heavy traffic once on I-65 heading south for awhile and then it opened up.  We made good time.

However, from about twenty miles north of Louisville, our lives were endangered by the antics of between twenty and twenty-five trucks in some sort of a convoy and going way over the speed limit.  I mean WAY over the speed limit.  They were also driving in the left lanes which they weren't supposed to be doing.  Nothing like looking into your rear view mirror and seeing nothing but truck grill.  They were riding that close.  At times they were three across all lanes.

Sure wish there'd been a cop around.

I call them the "Trucks From Hell."

Scared, But Survived.  --RoadDog

No comments: