The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Why Go Anywhere Else?-- Part 3: Zebra Mussels (They're Back!), Boat, I Pass My ID Test, and Cubs Game


FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6

Took the boat over to the mechanic to get it winterized.  I found quite a group  of zebra mussels on the engine area, something we haven't had for a long time.  They must be making a comeback.

Then drove over to McHenry and went to Wal-Mart and Meijer.  I actually got carded to buy a bottle of pumpkin spice wine at one of those tasting spots.  Fortunately, at age 66, I was able to pass muster.

We met the Usual Suspects at the American Legion in Fox Lake and sure enjoyed watching the Cubs win the first game of their playoffs against the Washington Nationals.  A whole lot of celebrating going on there, including me playing "Go Cubs Go."

--RoadDog

No comments: