4. NUBBINSCUFFLE CREEK --Yancey County Flows into Bald Creek.
5. POSSUM TROT CREEK-- Yancey County An early settler riding his horse along the creek spied a running possum, keeping pace with him along the creek.
6. DEVIL'S GUT-- A stream and inlet on the Roanoke River.
7. POLECAT CREEK-- There are actually six of them in N.C.. A polecat is sometimes the name for a black-footed ferret.
8. DIRTY BRITCHES CREEK-- Buncombe County An Indian was seen washing his pants in it.
9. ROUGH BUTT CREEK-- Jackson County Probably a good story here, nut none given.
I Slid Down the Embankment on My Posterior and Got a Rough Butt. --RoadDog
University of Maryland Baltimore County
1 day ago