5. The J.S. Dorton Arena at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds is shaped like an ellipse.
6. The Natuzzi Building in High Point resembles an ocean-going vessel.
7. Love Valley, a village made to look like the Old West is in Iredell County.
8. There are a lot of interesting buildings in Asheville. Outside of Miami, Asheville has the largest number of Art Deco structures in the Southeast.
9. Bojangles' Coliseum, originally the Charlotte Coliseum was at the time of its construction the largest unsupported steel dome in the world.