The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Saw New Odyssey in Wilmington, N.C. September 24th

As I was checking to see if I had spelled Odyssey correctly (I did, but for some reason it didn't look right) for the Busy Day posts, I looked up the word odyssey online and along with the spelling and correction, I found the New Odyssey site so decided to take a look at it.

While checking their appearances, I saw they were appearing at a church for a show in Wilmington, N.C., on September 24.  I also knew that I was going to be nearby that date in Topsail Beach so decided to see them again.

That day, I drove to Wilmington and toured the USS North Carolina battleship and the Cape Fear Museum before going to Casey's Buffet for a great southern meal.

I then surprised the members of the group when I showed up at the church.  Nobody had ever seen them so I told the people around me about what to expect.  There were seniors, middle agers and kids in attendance and they sure had a good time.  Everywhere I looked, there were smiles and people moving with the music.  And, this time they got to see Gary Todd's drum coat.

--RoadDog

No comments: