The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

N.C. for T-Giving 2015-- Part 14: Sliding Into Richmond

December 3, 2015.

There was roadwork going on at I-77 MM 3 in West Virginia.  This is where they had a big landslide several years back.  There always seems to be roadwork going on there.  The right shoulder is closed.

There was a whole lot less traffic on the West Virginia Turnpike today than there was coming down.  Paid my three $2 tolls going on the turnpike, then no problems through Charleston, W. Va., and on I-77 to U.S. 33 into Ohio.

Stopped as usual for gas at Dogpatch Crossing near Logan and filled up with gas at $1.95.  This is a regular stop for me.  I also stocked up with two more bags of Grippo's caramel corn, real good stuff.  The clerk told me that this is one of the few places in the area to sell it and that it is out of Cincinnati.

It was dark by now and I still had to go through or around Columbus and we were getting into rush hour.  I had the choice of taking US-33 right to downtown then I-70 or take I-270 around it.  And, I don't drive well at night anymore.

I decided to take I-270 and was glad I did as there were long backups of cars at the US-40 exit and I-71 one.  We had no backups.

I-70 going west of Columbus had heavy traffic, but no slow-downs.

Drove to Richmond, Indiana, on the border and got a room at Motel 6, where I have stayed several times before.  Nice room and $57 with tax.  Finished off the rest of my Snappy Lunch porkchop sandwich.

--RoadDog

No comments: