The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, November 28, 2020

A REAL Big Leg Lamp in an Oklahoma Town This Christmas

From News 8, NBC, Tampa, Florida, '40-foot tall leg lamp from 'Christmas Story' stands in Oklahoma in 'indescribably beautiful glory.'

The City of Chickasha, Oklahoma, is known for its "Festival of Light" display.  But, now they have a little something that really makes them stand out and that is their giant "Christmas Story" leg lamp.

Well, it was one of those "Triple Dog Dares" but, they got it anyway.

Right now, it is inflatable, but plans are in the works to get a more permanent one.

Since "A Christmas Story" is my  all-time favorite Christmas movie, I sure would take a detour next time in Oklahoma to see that lamp (which I hope is lighted as well).

Chickasha has a population of 16,036.

It is located southwest of Oklahoma City.  For those of you cruising Route 66, you can just take I-44 southwest from OKC, or from I-40, go south on US-270 from El Reno.  Distance 36 miles.

I'd Definitely Be There.  --RoadLeg


No comments: