The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Well. At Least a Little Bit of a Return to Normalcy


Tomorrow, the restaurants and bars in our area (Northeast Illinois) reopen for outside eating and drinking.  I have not been in a bar or restaurant since March 17, St. Patrick's Day, when we went over the state line into Wisconsin for what ended up our last time in a bar (Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes).  Illinois had already closed all its restaurants and bars on the 16th, and Wisconsin was still open.  However, while we were there, we found out that Wisconsin was closing theirs in just a few hours.

It's going to feel strange here in Illinois.

Wisconsin opened their bars and restaurants to inside service about two weeks ago.  We have not gone as we're waiting to see if their is a jump in cases and deaths, but plan top go fairly soon.

On Sunday, I saw a vehicle parked in front of the Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg (about 4 miles away) where we had spent quite a bit of time back during normal times.  As a mater of fact, Sunnyside was the last bar in Illinois we had been to before the shut down.

I yelled inside and Amy, the owner, came out.  I told her this place looked familiar for some reason and so did she.  She was getting ready for Friday's opening (outside only).  I told her I had a couple resin tables that I no longer use and that she could have them for her customers.  We used to have huge end-of-the-school-year teacher parties, but not since we retired.  Sometimes with 125+ people and a pig roast and several deep-fried turkeys.

Now, the only problem is that those tables are in my garage and you know how garages can get, especially with someone like me who is a King of Clutter.  Just ask anyone.

Anyway, I plan on finding those tables and bringing them to her today.

That Is, If I Can Find Them.  --RoadClutter

No comments: