The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

A Trip to DeKalb for NIU Basketball-- Part 8: Victor E. Pub and the $2 Beer


Beer and mixed drinks are sold at the Convocation Center, but with a 16-oz. can of domestic beer going for $7, that doesn't meet my cheap requirements for my beer.  As such, I wasn't planning on getting a beer.

But, I saw an advertisement on the huge video screen at midcourt about a new place on the west end, second level, where they had alcohol specials.  They called it the Victor E. Pub.  Well, my ears perked right up with those words, much like our mascot Mission does whenever he hears the sound of ice.  Anything is better than $7 beer (well, at All-State Arena in Rosemont where I went for a Chicago Wolves AHL Hockey game, they were charging $8.50 for a 16 ouncer.  Also, way too expensive.)

So, Liz and I got out of our seats between games and walked over to the Victor E. Pub to see what was what.  There were some people there, but not a huge crowd.  Liz was able to find a table for us while I walked right up to the bar and looked to see what the deals were.

Not bad.  They had two beers for $2 (12 ounces).  That's right in my ballpark.  I got two Naturdays, which is a new Budweiser Natural Light beer with a strawberry lemonade taste.  Also they had 16 ounce Coors Light cans for $4.  Also doable.

--RoadDog

No comments: