The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

A Trip to DeKalb for NIU Basketball- Part 9: Stuck At Victor E. Pub Again. Oh No, They Ran Out of Beer


Saturday, February 22

I forgot to mention that they had Polish sausage sandwiches for $3 so I bought one to check it out.  I wasn't sure Liz would like it so cut it in half and put mustard and relish on my half.  This was, without a doubt, the best Polish I've ever had.  Man was that good. And, Liz liked hers as well.  I was going to go back up and get another one, but a line was starting to form.  I wish I had gotten it then, as it turned out.

We had a nice view of the court and once some people moved, we slid over and had a great view and decided to stay at the Pub for the men's game.

Finished out Polish and beers and there still was a line.  By the time I got up there, they had run out of the Naturdays (for $2, go figure, I'm not the only cheap drinker) but still had three Coors Light 16-ouncers for $4 apiece so I got two and the last Polish.  The lady behind the bar said they were supposed to get some more beer and food.  Good news.

They were resupplied and the line was back again.  By the time I got back to the front, they had run out of absolutely everything except mixed drinks.

Next time, I'll know better.  And, we're going back tonight for the NIU-Toledo basketball game.  I know where we're going.

Figuring On Being Faster.  --RoadDog

No comments: