The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, September 13, 2019

Why Go Anywhere Else?-- Part 3: Magee Teachers and a High School Football Game


FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13

I drove Liz home and then drove to the Bristol 45 Diner in Bristol Wisconsin, where I got together with former Magee Middle School teach Bob for breakfast.  We made plans to go to a Northwestern University football game later this fall.  Got gas in Bristol for the lowest I've seen around here, $2.48.

Later that night I went to the Johnsburg Skyhawk-Rochelle high school football game at Johnsburg High.  It was an absolute beautiful night for a football game.  During the fall, if the weather cooperates, there are few places I'd rather be than at a high school football game.  You get all the fun of a college or pro game without all the hassles and prices.

Johnsburg High is two miles directly south of our house, but kids from out subdivision go to Richmond-Burton High School (as does a WHOLE LOT of my money, about $3300 a year).  We hang out a lot in Johnsburg theses days.  But I will pull for Johnsburg and game they play except Richmond-Burton.  Have to pull for my money.

As a matter of fact, I am about to leave for Richmond-Burton High School for the big rivalry game with Johnsburg.

Johnsburg beat Rochelle (which is west of DeKalb, Illinois).

Football Tonight.  --RoadBall

No comments: