The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

9-11


**  Last week, I would have liked going to a commemoration of 9-11 somewhere in the local area.  After considerable looking in the internet, I did see that McHenry, Illinois, about ten miles away, had an event at Veterans Park, but couldn't find a time.  Come on, McHenry, you need to better publicize these events like this.

**  Also, I was listening to a cassette tape I had made of WVCO, 94.9, the Surf, out of North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and saw the date on it.  It was June 28, 2001.  The terrorists would probably already have been in the United States and taking pilot lessons on that date.

**  I put up my U.S. flags (well, one was already up).  One is out by the mailbox, another is in the front flower bed and a third is actually a U.S. shield with an eagle on it which is hanging from the front porch eaves.

**  But, sadly, the date just about snuck up on me as I didn't remember it until our McHenry County Civil War Round Table president asked for a moment of silence at Tuesday's (September 10) meeting.

Not Forgetting.  --RoadDog


No comments: