The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, March 11, 2019

That New Orleans/Louisiana Kinda Music: Ground Zero For Fun!!!


Well, along with Mardi Gras food (anything from New Orleans and Louisiana), a big part of a correct and functional Mardi Gras would have to be the music.  And what a gumbo of music you get from that area.  You have your Cajun and Zydeco as well as Second Line, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Dixieland and lotsa others.

I listened a lot to the CD I wrote about earlier and now would have to regard that as the first album you get if you're getting into this kind of music.

My first introduction to music from this part of the country was back in 1986 with the movie "The Big Easy."  The movie was so-so, but the music!!!!  Wow, it just blew me away.  How could that kind of music have been there for so long and I bot know about it?  Well, I had to go right out and buy that album and listen to it over and over and over again.

And then, I had to go out and start buying as many songs and artists of it as I could.

It Was Ground Zero for My Immersion in This Great Music.  --RoadDog

No comments: