The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Getting My Sugar Rush at Britt's Donuts

One regular institution to be found at Carolina Beach, NC, is a place dating back to 1939 and serving up just one thing, some of the most mouth-watering doughnuts you'll find anywhere in the US.

I know my farthest-back memories of the beach include this place that has withstood Hurricanes Hazel and Fran and kept coming back for more.

I missed it this trip as it opens weekends-only at the end of this month and begins seven day operations Memorial Day to Labor Day. But, if I'm back this summer or next fall, I'm there for sure. What brought Britt's to mind was an article in the July 2009 Our State magazine about it. I am using information from it.

H. L. Britt opened the place in 1939. Today's owners, Bobby and Maxine Nivens worked there in the50s before buying the place in 1974 and operating it ever since. With all this constant change (and fast) in the world today, the original (and top secret recipe) remains the same.

More Mouth-Watering On the Way. --RoadDog

No comments: