The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Finally Got Home

After 16 days on the road, we finally arrived back home yesterday.

We went to 9 states: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky. We saw gas prices from a high of $4.20 to a low of $3.20. The farther we got from rip-off` city, Chicago, the lower it got. Of course, it was all lower the last week we were on the road. As usual, the lowest gas prices in the early going was Wytheville, Virginia. I highly recommend a stop there if you're on I-77.

Speaking of interstates, we went on I-74, I-70, I-77, I-40, I-20, and I-75. Also, there were many US and state roads along with a stretch of the very first federal highway, the National Road.

Always Fun to Visit Places, But Nice to Get Back Home, --RoadDog

No comments: