The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Who Has the Best Burger?

Gentleman's Quarterly recently had one of its writers, Alan Richman, go off on a 23,750 mile, 150,000 calorie quest to find America's 20 best burgers. He ended up sampling 162 burgers and came up with a top twenty list.

The top ten were as follows:

1. Sirloin Burger-- Le Tub-- Hollywood Beach, Fl.
2. Luger Burger-- Puter Luger steakhouse-- Brooklyn, NY
3. Not Just a Burger-- Spiced Pier Restaurant-- Newport, RI
4. Rouge Burger-- Rouge-- Philadelphia
5. Kobe Sliders-- Barclay Prime-- Philadelphia
6. California Burger-- Houston's-- Santa Monica
7. Buckhorn Burger-- Buckhorn-- San Antonio, NM
8. Hamburger-- Miller's Bar-- Dearborn, Mi
9. Cheeseburger-- Burger Joint-- New York City
10. Number 5-- Keller's Drive In--Dallas

Alas, I have not had the burger at any of these places. I have been to Le Tub many times, but never had the burger.

This past October, I got to visit Philadelphia for the first time. Silly me, I was going after the Philly cheese steaks, and I had three of them. Looking at numbers 4 and 5, perhaps I also should have been checking out the burgers. I also had a Philly hot dog from a street vendor, and that iwas unique and DEE-licious as well.

I like burgers right up there with hot dogs when it comes to good road food.

Lovin' Dem Burgers. --RoadDog

No comments: