The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

I-355 to Grayslake, Illinois?

Now that the southern extension of I-355 has been completed from I-55 and I-80, will it be extended north to Grayslake, or perhaps the Illinois-Wisconsin line?

For years, the proposed Illinois Highway 53 extension from Buffalo Grove to Grayslake has been a bone of contention between planners and folks in Barrington who don't want it in their backyard.

With Chicago's steady sprawl out into the suburbs, the need for transportation without the worsening traffic jams is becoming a major issue. I personally can vouch for the hassle that driving in Lake and McHenry counties has become. Every year, it is worse and worse. Even the way I currently use to avoid Chicago, Il-47, will soon be too crowded, so I'll have to go farther out.

Talk has it that if 53 is extended, it will become a tollway, part of I-355 and Chicago will have a new, further-out, interstate going around Chicago to take some of the pressure of the Tri-State Tollway.

Right now, I-355 goes from I-290, the Eisenhower Expressway, to I-55. Il. Highway 53 is already multi lane from I-355 to Dundee Road in Buffalo Grove. Around Woodfield Mall, it is about ten lanes, so this stretch won't be a problem.

To Build or Not to Build, That is the Question. --RoadDog

No comments: