The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

No More Guber Burgers!!!!!


Due to the widening of US-50 and US-65, the venerable Wheel In Drive Inn in Sedalia, Mo, will be closing its doors September 3rd. They lost a lot of their parking lot.

They're famous for their Guber (that's the way they spell it) burgers which they've been serving since the 1940s. It is a high-quality steak burger and comes with lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and melted peanut butter. Looks like I'll never get a chance to have one. I didn't get a Pighip sandwich either. I hate when I miss out on something good.

I saw a picture of it at http://www.roadfood.com/ and it has interesting architecture. It sure would be great if they could find a way to move it.

No Gubers for ME!!!   Sigh.  --RoadDog

No comments: