The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, August 2, 2019

About Last Weekend-- Part 2: Civil War, My Favorite Store, Slider Fix, No Band, Sunnyside, Band


SATURDAY,  JULY 27TH

Drove to Crystal Lake, Illinois, where the McHenry County Civil War Round Table discussion group was talking about turning points of the war.  I have a deep interest in this war (as my two blogs about it attest).  Afterwards I drove to nearby Algonquin to my favorite store these days (one of the few where I understand everything in it) Half-Price Books.  I bought a Civil War book and three CDs.

Then, to White Castle for my Slider fix.  We wish there was a White Castle nearer to us, but then we're glad there isn't.  Too much temptation, you know.

It got to be too late for the afternoon band at Choppers so ended up at Sunnyside Tap and a real good time with our jukebox karaoke.

SUNDAY, JULY 28TH

Enjoyed the FP and the gazebo.  Listened to Rock and Roll Roots and recorded Breakfast With the Beatles. on my cassette tape.

We went to Stucky's in Johnsburg and had a good time with Jim Sieg and his band.  I had the premium bucket of bottles, 5 for $15).  Afterwards to Sunnyide.

Why Go Anywhere Else?  --RoadFun

No comments: