The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, July 4, 2019

It's a Spring Grove 4th of July


Well I missed the parade.  Spring Grove closes off all roads up to six or seven miles from the parade route 30 minutes before the parade.  This is ridiculous to close all roads that and that far in advance.  I took a nap and woke up at 11:30 am.

Spent the day doing bush trimming and flower bed weeding and cutting down spent daisies.  Then went to Sunnyside and enjoyed sloppy joes and we had a real good time with the juke box.  Who needs no stinkin' karaoke?    Lots of singing.

Came home and just sat outside FP  (Front Porch) where I had my breakfast and lunch today while reading the Chicago Tribune.  Few things better in my mind than doing that.  One of my real fun things to do.

Sitting out there watching neighborhood fireworks and booms as well as big booms all over the place must have been a little like what the men at D-Day heard.  Wearing my U.S. eagle shirt and getting lots of compliments all day.  Also my USS San Jacinto (CVL-30) cap in honor of Mark's father who served on the ship during WW II.

Happy 4th of July.  --RoadDog



No comments: