The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Groundhog Day 2019-- Part 3: Taking a Walk By


Little did I know at the time, but this chance encounter with Steve Tobolowski was the highlight of my trip to Woodstock.

I took a walk around the Woodstock Square which did a stand-in for Gobbler's Nob in the movie.  I walked by the site of the bank heist and then by the bar where they drank to World Peace and where Phil got locked up in the Old Courthouse building.

Then by where Phil grabbed the groundhog and went on their "joyride" to oblivion.  I was sad to find that the used book place closed.  Then walked by the Opera House, which was the Pennsylvanian Hotel in the movie.  Eventually I went by the place where my mother-in-law was in assisted living and then I went to rhe Swiss Maid Bakery and got a cinnamon bun.

During the filming of the movie, one day Bill Murray went into this place and bought them out.  Then he went around the people viewing the filming and started giving the sweets away.

Then, on to the library.

--RoadDog

No comments: