The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Gettin' Ready to Go Cruisin'

Tomorrow, I leave for Goldsboro, NC, where we are having an 80th birthday party for Mom.

I'm planning on driving a different way for part of the trip.

As usual, I will avoid the Chicago hassle and drive west to Woodstock, Illinois, where I pick up Il-47 and take that south. But, instead of taking it all the way to I-74 by Champagne, I will get off on US-24 and go east to Il-1 at Watseka and then south to US-50/US-150 into Vincennes, Indiana.

Then east on those two roads until Shoals, Indiana where they split. I will continue on US-150 to Louisville, Kentucky, and on to the eastern terminus at Mount Vernon, Kentucky by I-75. I'm not sure where I'll go after that.

I am not really familiar with US Highway 150, but did find out it starts by the Quad Cities in Illinois.

On the Road Again. --RoadDog

No comments: