The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 1970 Cruising

OK, what were you driving and what were you listening to back in July during the Summer of 1970?

I was going to be a sophomore at Northern Illinois University and still living at home during the summer. My parents let my brother and I share a 1964 Chevy Bel Air. You can't believe the arguments over whose turn it was to put in gas.

Bob Stroud did a Time Warp back to July 4, 1970 on his Rock and Roll Roots show (Sundays 7 to 10 am on WDRV-FM 96.9 and 97.1 and streaming on www.wdrv.com). This was the second installment and there will be two more the first Sundays in August and September.

I go into Stroud's comments as well as my own on my Down Da Road I Go blog (http://downdaroadigo.blogspot.com), but for here, it is going to be Name That Group.

You can also see the play list for this one at the WDRV website, just click on Rock and Roll Roots.

These are all songs playing on the radio or in our RECORD collections back then.


Are You Ready
Get Ready
Hitchin' a Ride
Question
Gasoline Alley
Make It With You
Uncle John's Band
In the Summertime
Take Me to the Pilot
Tighter and Tighter

These were played in the first hour.

Second and Third Hours Tomorrow. --RoadDog

No comments: